Thursday, February 5, 2009

Battle of the Supervisors


To all those with two supervisors, I am beginning to understand the potential headaches. I have been adopted by the new lecturer in CSAG, Babatunde Abiodun, a veritable workhorse who really really works his students. This contrasts with my actual supervisor Bruce Hewitson, who lets students design their own work program. While I like deadlines, it is going to interesting to balance the two.

My first conflict of interest is my chapter 1 structure. I have been diligently working away at a outline designed last week only to have it changed this morning into a more philosophical introduction into the topic.

If I can balance the two styles I think I will end up with a very comprehensive thesis. Here is to hoping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have three supervisors and have got them working quite nicely with one another. My main sup makes it clear to the co-sups that she makes the decisions and when things get out of hand I just get her to sort things out.