Friday, March 29, 2013

Latin Jewellery

I am going to attempt something this weekend that I have little experience in doing: creating Dancesport jewellery that sparkles.

Materials needed:

  • Flesh coloured stretch material
  • Swarovski hotfix crystals (or glue on)
  • Fabric glue
  • Vilyn 
  • Elastic
  • Hooks and Eyes
  • Clear press-studs   
The first dilemma is that flesh coloured stretch fabric is not abundant in Cape Town. The stuff that is around is about 3 shades lighter than me and I have to still tan that 'wonderful' orange colour for competitions.

The second dilemma is keeping ironing stiffener between lycra type material that melts with heat.

This shall be a experiment. Results to follow. If successful maybe I will add a few items to Purple-Gecko for others looking for similar items.

No comments: