Wednesday, June 4, 2008

hell on wheels

Its official, the bicycles in Oxford are worse than the taxis in CT. They don't seem to care that there are pedestrian lights or people in the way. I nearly got ridden over by an over sixties lady today. One thing I have to applaud though is the girls who manage to cycle in heels. Some of the shoes I can't even keep on my feet when I'm on solid ground and they whiz through Oxford happily.

On a happier note, I was introduced to G&D Ice Cream Cafe. Now its not quite up to Hout Bay ice cream, nothing really is, but its got After Eight flavour and all these different toppings; fudge, hot choc fudge sauce, maple syrup, jelly bear, smarties, choc sprinkles. It is a true dieters nightmare. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that :)

At the moment I am downloading the initial 20gb of data of 240gb due for Tuesday. 300kb/s beats SA hands down.

No comments: