Tuesday, June 17, 2008

UCT ppl in the strangest places

For those of you have ever thought it is a small world, I was beginning to doubt it. I hadn't randomly bumped into someone I knew since arriving in the UK, until today. For the CS crowd, I bumped into Matthew West on the way back from lunch in Oxford. He apparently works at the Maths Institute.

Do you think if we spread the UCT crowd around the world we could stage a coup and move for world domination? I think there are enough of us to create a well ordered plan.

I have a random question and the person who answers it logically gets chocolate/beer/wine when I get back. In the sci-fi genre, why are all the planets ruled as a single nation versus like Earth which is made up of individual countries. Do you think it is easier to write an idealised scenario?

No comments: