Sunday, June 22, 2008

Its the journey, not the destination

I arrived in Norwich yesterday after the most badly planned journey on my travels to date. I left Oxford at 5.10 in the morning, I was meant to catch the 4.10 bus but missed it by 10 mins. After being dropped off at Marble Arch I dashed to the tube station and practically jumped onto the tube as it was about to leave, I got to Liverpool St with 2 mins to departure time. After running to the correct platform (big hugs to helpful ppl) I made it on with 30 seconds to spare. Turns out I sat next to an Alzheimer's person. I think I was asked the same thing about 10 times.

All train/tubeworks tend to happen on weekends so my supposedly direct train detoured to a coach and back onto a train between Witham and Ipswitch. Arriving in Norwich was quite anticlimatic after that.

No comments: