Friday, July 23, 2010

There Be Science

As some of you know I have been fighting with my research topic for the last two weeks with respect to its validity, relevance and feasibility in the context of southern Africa. I'm still not convinced and hope the work I do here is not in fact 3 months of 'wasted' work as I potentially go back to the drawing board when I get back to CSAG.

If you walk into my office at the moment you'll notice a blackboard. When I arrived it was filled with financial equations and I laughed thinking I'd never need to start writing equations...famous last words. The board is now emptied of finance equations and now filled with DSS equations and (its an old record photo) goal functions with safety constraints for STO. Are you filled with as much enthusiasm as I am...

No comments: